Article 1 : Organization
SPAS ORGANISATION (hereinafter referred to as the “Organizer”) SAS with capital of €170,071,000 and its head office at 160 BIS RUE DE PARIS – CS90001- 92645 BOULOGNE BILLANCOURT CEDEX – France, is organizing the “NATEXPO 2019 AWARDS” to coincide with the NATEXPO exhibition, which will be held on 20-22 October 2019 in Paris Nord Villepinte.
Article 2 : Acceptance of the rules and regulations
Participation in the Awards implies total acceptance of all the provisions of these rules and regulations. All practical difficulties relating to their interpretation or application shall be resolved by the Organizer, whose decision shall be accepted as final.
Entries that fail to comply with the provisions contained in these rules and regulation shall be invalid.
Article 3 : How to participate in the competition
Entry to the competition is open not only to those taking part in the exhibition but to all professionals in the sector with grounds for submitting an entry.
Entry to the competition is subject to:
- for exhibitors, payment of the fees for participating in the exhibition.
- for non-exhibitors, payment of the sum of €558 incl. VAT for each entry submitted. This sum is based on the registration fees paid by exhibitors participating in the exhibition, in addition to the costs of their stand. Non-exhibitors who have paid the sum of €558 incl. VAT for each entry submitted will not be reimbursed if their product is not selected.
A) Participation criteria
Every participant must:
- Be a manufacturer or producer (whether they are exhibitors, joint exhibitors or non-exhibitors).
- Enter only one product per category.
- Enter products launched for the first time between June 1st 2018 and June 1st 2019.
- Products entered by competitors from outside France must comply with EU regulations relating to the product concerned.
- A product may only be entered in one category.
Products entered in the competition must be:
- Marketed for the first time between June 1st 2018 and June 1st 2019. Any products that do not fulfil these conditions will be eliminated from the competition.
- Listed in the NATEXPO 2019 classification, attached to these rules and regulations.
- Compliant with EU regulations:
- Organic products: provide valid organic certificates (AB, Agriculture Biologique (European label), Demeter, Nature et Progrès…) issued by an accredited verification organization (issued in accordance with regulation no. 834/07 for EU Member States).
- Dietary supplements: these must comply with European Directive 2002/46/EC of 10 June 2002.
- Health foods: foods intended for special diets.
- Natural cosmetics: the ingredients used in the composition of cosmetics must be included in international classifications (INCI, CFFA). Valid organic certificates issued by an accredited verification organization (issued in accordance with regulation no. 834/07 for EU Member States), or suppliers’ certificates for organic-certified cosmetics (Cosmebio, Cosmos, Nature et Progrès, Natrue…) or cosmetics using products or extracts produced by organic farming. Natural cosmetics entered in the competition must not have been tested on animals. They must not contain mineral oil or silicon.
- All other products: home (furniture, fabrics, home accessories, cleaning products, etc.), stationery, office and school equipment, toys, games, etc.
- Products entered in the competition must have been manufactured using uncontaminated natural or recycled materials, not obtained using contaminating or resource-depleting processes, and comply with the relevant legislation (FSC, Imprim’vert, …)
- The use of protected species or those threatened with extinction must also have been avoided.
The application’s conformity will be examined in accordance with the selection criteria.
Submission of entries:
- Businesses wishing to take part in the NATEXPO 2019 AWARDS must submit their entry online by 03/06/2019 on the NATEXPO website: www.natexpo.com : Features >NATEXPO 2019 Awards page. If the company is unable to submit its entry online, it may complete a paper entry form (entry forms will be sent on request) and send it by post to: J2C COMMUNICATION, TROPHEES NATEXPO 2019, Marie-Noëlle CARDON, 70 avenue de la République, 92320 Châtillon – France (in charge of storing samples).
No entries will be accepted after this date.
Payments by non-exhibitors must be made:
– either by cheque payable to SPAS ORGANISATION, for French companies
– or by bank transfer using the following details:
|Account holder||Bank||Branch||Account number||no.|
FR76 1480 6000 8372 0165 2064 188
Entries without payment will not be taken into account.
Information required for entries submitted online:
- A description of each product (one product per category): Name of company, name of product, intended use of product, export area, date of market launch, recommended retail price, description of product, name and contact details of person responsible for the Awards entry.
- Four samples of each product. If the company wishes it may attach an information pack in French or English for each product (e.g. press pack). The samples should be sent by post to: J2C COMMUNICATION, TROPHEES NATEXPO 2019, Marie-Noëlle CARDON, Vecteur Sud, Bât B, 70 avenue de la République, 92320 Châtillon – France (in charge of storing samples).
- For non-exhibitors, payment for their entry (a cheque or copy of the bank transfer order and debit notice)
Please note that incomplete entries will not be accepted and will be returned to the entrant.
B) Categories of products eligible for the competition (listed in the NATEXPO 2019 classification)
- Grocery products
- Fresh products
- Health food
- Dietary supplements
- Cosmetics and hygiene products
- Household and personal products and services
Products that belong to the “Ingredients and Raw Materials “category must be submitted to the destination category (food, health food and dietary supplements, cosmetics and hygiene).
C) Nomination criteria
The nomination criteria recognized by the Jury and which will enable entries to be validated are that the products presented should be new, innovative or original. Product packaging will also be taken into account by the Jury when validating entries.
Article 4 – Preselection Committee
Initially, entries will be examined and validated by a committee of experts on June 2018, before being presented to the Jury.
The Committee reserves the right to reject any entry that does not comply with the competition rules and regulations and to change the category selected if this is deemed to be unsuitable for the product presented.
Article 5 : The Jury – Awards
A) Jury members
The Jury will consist of representatives of the specialist trade and general press, professionals in the sector and a young company. The Jury’s task is to select two winners (gold, silver) from the candidates in each product category.
B) Validation of entries by the Jury
This process will consist of checking the quality of entries and their compliance with the rules and principles of the “NATEXPO 2019 AWARDS” competition according to the participation criteria, categories of products admitted to the competition and various nomination criteria.
The Jury reserves the right not to select a product if it considers that it does not meet the nomination criteria, or if there is not enough products submitted to a category. The Jury’s decisions are final and binding. Should the Jury reject an entry, it is not obliged to justify its rejection.
C) Short-listed products:
The Jury will short-list a selection of products from among the validated entries on June 2019. The Jury will choose two products in each category as award winners (gold, silver). The chosen entrants will be notified by e-mail that their product(s) has (have) been selected. The selected products will also be displayed in the NATEXPO 2019 “Awards” area throughout the exhibition.
D) Selecting the award-winners:
The Jury will award a “NATEXPO 2019 AWARD” to each winner in each category from among the selected products. However, the Jury reserves the right not to make any awards if it considers that the products entered do not meet the nomination criteria for an Award. The Jury’s decisions are final and binding.
Note: entrants solemnly undertake only to provide the Jury with accurate and honest information and in particular to avoid any omission or inaccuracy that might lead to an erroneous decision. In the event of an irregularity being proven, the Jury reserves the right to withdraw an Award already given and justify this withdrawal in the press.
Article 6 : Dissemination of information and promotion
Information provided by entrants may be used by the Organizer in documents to promote the NATEXPO exhibition without the entrants, their principals or rights holders having any right to oppose such use in any manner. Should an entrant not wish their information to be used by NATEXPO or the Jury, they must specifically state this in an e-mail sent to: email@example.com
The Organizer of the “NATEXPO 2019 AWARDS” may not be held responsible for the confidentiality of information transmitted to members of the Jury. Competitors must have taken all measures necessary to protect their invention or innovation prior to submitting their entry. Participants will be held personally responsible for any complaints of any nature whatsoever relating to items entered into the competition, and hereby declare that they discharge the Organizer of any responsibility in this respect.
Article 6 bis : Publication of results
A press release will be sent to all the press to announce the 14 winners of the “NATEXPO 2019 AWARDS” once the products have been selected, in June 2018. The results will receive high-profile coverage during and after the exhibition.
Article 7 : Presentation of awards
The awards will be presented to the winners on October 2019 by the Chairman of the NATEXPO exhibition at NATEXPO (Paris Nord Villepinte). The winners (exhibiting or non-exhibiting companies) must be present at the awards presentation.
Award winners may use the words “NATEXPO 2019 AWARD” in any promotional communication relating to the award-winning product. Award winners will be sent a “NATEXPO 2019 AWARD” logo by e-mail after the exhibition for use in any promotional communication relating to the award-winning product.
Awards may not be exchanged for cheques, cash or any other prize.
Article 8 : Changes – Restrictions – Limitation of liability
The Organizer reserves the right to shorten, extend, change or cancel the competition if circumstances so require. It shall not be held liable as a result.
Article 9 : Intellectual property rights
Entrants are responsible for ensuring that their intellectual property rights have been safeguarded and the corresponding patents registered. Entrants are reminded that under the terms of articles L611-11 and L611-13 of the French Intellectual Property Code, patents in France – to be admissible – must be registered less than six months after the disclosure of the invention to the public.
SPAS ORGANISATION declines any responsibility for any commercial or other use that might be made of projects entered in this competition in contravention of entrants’ rights. In accordance with the modified Data Protection and Civil Liberties law of 6 January 1978, entrants to the Awards have the right to access, correct or delete any information held that concerns them. They may refuse to allow this data to be disclosed to a third party by writing to SPAS ORGANISATION : 160 bis rue de Paris CS 90001 Boulogne Billancourt Cedex, France.
Article 10 : How to obtain a copy of the rules and regulations
The full rules and regulations may be consulted on the NATEXPO website (www.natexpo.com ). A copy of the rules and regulations may be obtained free of charge by writing to the following address: SPAS ORGANISATION – Natexpo Award 2019 : 160 bis rue de Paris CS 90001 Boulogne Billancourt Cedex, France.
Article 11 : Applicable law
These rules and regulations are subject to French law.
Any dispute with a participant acting in their professional capacity as to the application and construction of these rules and regulations shall be referred to the court within whose jurisdiction the head office of the Organizing Company is located, said court to have sole jurisdiction in this matter.
Annexe 1 : NATEXPO 2019 exhibition classification
|ORGANIC FOOD & WINE|
|Alcohols and spirituous|
|Lemonades, fizzy drinks|
|Wines and champagnes|
|Delicatessens and saltings|
|Pancakes and galettes (round, flat biscuits)|
|Viennoiseries (croissants, pains au chocolat, etc.)|
|Butters, crèmes fraîches|
|Yogurts, plain and flavoured creams|
|Stewed fruits, preserved fruit purées|
|Preserved ready-made meals|
|Preserved soups, vegetable soups|
|Dessert preparations (sugar/sugar free)|
|Fresh ready-made meals|
|Fresh smoked fishes|
|Fresh vegetable purée|
|Rolled pastries and pizza dough|
|BREAKFAST – SNACK TIME|
|Instant vegetable drinks|
|Cocoa, powdered chocolate|
|Puffed cereal cakes|
|Gingerbead, waffles, cakes|
|Fruit purée, jellies|
|Pizza, frozen quiches|
|Frozen ready-made meals|
|HEALTH FOOD AND DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS|
|Functional food products|
|Child food products|
|Gluten-free diet products|
|Lactose-free diet products|
|Salt-free diet products|
|Products for slimming|
|Products for sportsmen|
|Skin, sun protection, nails, hair|
|Vitamins and minerals|
|COSMETICS AND HYGIENE|
|Body and face creams|
|Eaux de toilette|
|Hygiene for babies|
|Hygiene for children|
|Hygiene for adults|
|Make-up removing milks|
|Prod Dental / oral health products|
|HOUSEHOLD AND PERSONAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES|
|PRODUCTS AND SERVICES FOR THE HOME|
|Equipment for water|
|Equipment for air|
|Games, toys, gifts|
|Bedding and bedding accessories|
|Furnishings (small fixtures, rugs, etc.)|
|DIY products and accessories|
|Gardening products and accessories|
|NATURAL PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES FOR PEOPLE|
|Clothes and accessories for babies|
|Clothes for children and adults|
|SERVICES ET EQUIPMENTS FOR RETAIL|
|Cash tills and sales point terminals|
|Data / Processing|
|Decoration / Atmosphere|
|Tactile screens / tables|
|Vacuum packing machine|
|Click and collect equipment|
|Specialist retail equipment|
|Labelling / coding|
|Furniture / Showcases|
|Electronic / contactless payment|
|Silo, bulk retailing|
|INGREDIENTS AND RAW MATERIALS|
|Bread, pastry and biscuit intermediate products|
|Cocoa, coffee, tea|
|Cereals, rice, pasta|
|Seeds, oilseeds, pulses|
|Herbs and spices|
|Essential oils and floral water|
|Functional additives / ingredients|
|Vegetable fats and oils|
|Vegetable and mushroom IFP|
|Meat-based IFP and ingredients|
|Dairy IFP and ingredients|
|Marine-based IFP and ingredients|
|Nut-based IFP and ingredients|
|Liquid and drink-related IFP|
|Aromatic and medicinal plants|
|Sweet preparations and ingredients|
|Sauces, condiments and seasonings|
|Sugars, honey and other sweeteners|
|WHOLESALERS AND DISTRIBUTORS|