Following on from the resounding success of its 2019 Paris show, NATEXPO will be back on 21 and 22 September 2020 at Eurexpo, Lyon. This autumn, all the professionals from the French and international organic communities will come together here to discover all the latest international developments in a currently sector displaying phenomenal growth. In 2019 in France, the food sector alone is set to surpass the symbolic bar of 10 billion euros of sales. In 2018, consumer purchasing stood at €9.7 billion, already up 15.7% on 2017.
As a perfect reflection of this spectacular vitality, NATEXPO adopted a new frequency in 2017 and now takes place every year in the aim of keeping up with the sector’s buoyant growth. NATEXPO 2020 is already shaping up to be a huge success, with 12,000 visitors and 850 exhibitors expected, equating to a 25% increase on the last Lyon edition – also the first to be held in this city – which took place in 2018.
With eight months to go before doors open, stand space reservations are already up by 17% compared with the same point in time two years ago. The Cosmetics & Personal Hygiene, Household and Personal Products and Services and Equipment for Retail and Brands sectors have already filled the same space they occupied in 2018. Market players have clearly indicated their desire to increase their stand areas, which points to a strong increase in the exhibition’s total footprint (20,000 sqm projected in 2020).
A must-attend international tradeshow for organic market players
The only European tradeshow to cover all organic product segments, NATEXPO is now a firm fixture in the worldwide calendar of must-visit events for the sector. At the heart of all the latest organic and green trends, NATEXPO now is a well-known international reference and is furthermore anticipating that 25% of its exhibitors will come from countries other than France. Visitors will thus benefit from a global overview of the latest organic trends and be able to source the best ideas for their businesses tomorrow.
The dynamism of French regions in organic products will also be showcased at this 2020 edition, with seven regions already signed up.
An all-round view of all the new organic trends
All the segments of the organic sector will be represented at this new edition: food, materials, health food, dietary supplements, cosmetics and personal hygiene, household and personal products and services, services and equipment for retail and brands. An array of special features and talks will also be laid on throughout the show, in particular the NATEXPO Awards which pay tribute to the latest market innovations.
As a valued solution that serves to assist all sector stakeholders, NATEXPO acts as a facilitator for brands and distributors to help them better anticipate market change. At the show, discussions between professionals offer a prime opportunity to find the right answers to new customer expectations: loose goods, less packaging, new packing materials, etc.
2 days interspersed with a variety of events and special features
Highly attuned to the expectations of professionals, NATEXPO represents a premium meeting place to allow brands, buyers and decision-makers to engage in dialogue and develop their business. Over the space of two days, the show offers special features, expert advice and talks to get fully up-to-date on the latest news in the organic world in France and internationally:
- 2020 NATEXPO Awards: created to reward the best organic innovations, the NATEXPO Awards single out products launched between 1 May 2019 and 1 May 2020 in eight categories: Beverages, Dietary Supplements, Sweet Grocery Products, Savoury Grocery Products, Fresh Products, Cosmetics and Personal Hygiene, Household and Products Personal Products and Services, and Retail Equipment.
- Le Lab: a display area and pitch forum, Le Lab is dedicated to start-ups who develop innovative initiatives in the area of zero waste, the circular economy and technological eco-innovations.
- New Product Gallery: reflecting innovation! This strategic area will offer visitors an exclusive opportunity to discover exhibitors’ innovations.
- Import / Export Office: a space to identify and activate the right levers for importing and exporting: regulations, packaging, certification, target market expectations, etc.
- Natexbio Forum: short talks presented by NATEXBIO, the federation of organic processors and retailers, offering an update on the organic market and its potential. It will also provide an opportunity to look back on the second edition of the “Natexbio Challenge” competition dedicated to processing and retail start-ups.
- Dietary Supplements Forum: In association with SYNADIET, this area helps buyers and sellers in the sector to get up to speed on the latest industry developments
- Cosmetics Innovations Forum: In association with Cosmébio®, the French trade association for eco-friendly and organic cosmetics, this space will be entirely dedicated to beauty and wellness at the very heart of the exhibition sector, bringing together all the special features relating to the cosmetics innovations of exhibitors.
- Organic Ingredients Forum: the leading challenges in the upstream segment of the organic sector will be addressed with experts, producers and processors.
An environmentally-aware show
For many years, NATEXPO has conducted initiatives in keeping with the values of the organic sector; these commitments seeking to protect the environment and reduce the ecological footprint of the event are fundamental values in its organisation. It is essential to preserve nature by adopting eco-responsible attitudes from the exhibition’s planning to its delivery. In line with this policy, a range of initiatives are being implemented this year:
- Waste management (waste sorting during stand assembly and dismantling but also during the show)
- Cleaning supplies used during the show are made up of eco-friendly cleaning products.
- 90% of the exhibition signage is made from cardboard
- Environmentally-aware stand fittings with low-energy lighting, carpeting which will be recycled and partition walls both made from PEFC certified materials and reusable. In 2020, the exhibition aisles will not be carpeted anymore
- Communications materials entirely printed on recycled paper or paper from sustainably managed forests
- Carpooling is encouraged on the exhibition website
- A commitment to zero waste with the French Red Cross: volunteers will visit the show at close of business on the last day to collect any leftover foodstuffs from exhibitors that so desire. In 2019, more than 8 tonnes of spare food were collected.
The exhibition centre Lyon Eurexpo hosting this edition of NATEXPO has also been committed to environmentally responsible operations for many years, notably through the standard ISO 14001. The venue is also currently working to improve waste sorting, optimise water and energy consumption, reduce carbon emissions and propose more sustainable catering services.