Fermentation is the new à la mode process, maximising the benefits of products (vitamins, minerals) without cooking them. This new cult for raw food through fermenting and low-temperature cooking, conserves the full potential of ingredients.
In food, the slower the better: kombucha is a long-fermented mushroom with incredible health benefits, and the kimchi is a delicacy present in the finest international restaurants.
Less evident in beauty, fermented cosmetics are already beginning to emerge in Asia, in Korea first.
PROOF IN THE PRODUCTS
- Cheese alternative made from fermented nuts, a new category called Fermentino, par Eurocompany
- Low-temperature fermented raw cocoa spread, by Sol Semilla
- Traditional Pancrudo biscuit but living food (-42°C in the manufacturing process) in raw chocolate, by Douce Italie
- Fermented infusions, by Ido Infusion (Korea)
- Raw Spirulina powder (certified), by Nature et Expression
- Dehydrated germinated seed in Alfaga raw quality, by Biercors.
- Ti-sence range (fermented tea, well known as kombucha or youth elixir) by BioCorium