A fast-growing market, fuelled by new consumer patterns and driven by market players.
In France, consumer purchases of organic food are estimated at 6.9 billion euros (at end 2016), already up by 20% in the first half of the year. In 2015, nearly 9 in 10 French people ate or drank organic at least occasionally (89% compared with 75% in 2014) and 6 out of 10 did so regularly, i.e. at least once a month (65% as against 49% in 2014.) Organic is now part of the consumer habits of the French, only 11% of whom say that they never eat or drink organic produce – a figure that stood at 46% in 2003.
Source: Agence Bio.
The Organic Food and Wine sector: expanding fast
More than 470 companies will be exhibiting in the Organic food and Wine sector which is the largest in the show. Its scale is a reflection of the vitality of the market both in France and abroad. Worldwide, the organic product market has grown nearly fourfold in the space of ten years, valued at more than 50.5 billion euros in 2014.
For the 2017 edition, 2 special features are scheduled, staging exhibitor know-how and products:
- The Cheese Tasting Area: Sponsored by the CNIEL and run by Meilleurs Ouvriers de France, cheesemongers and sommeliers, under the auspices of SO’MOF, this special event offers a selection of cheese and drinks pairings.
- The Organic Cookery Workshop: A space for the creation and expression of chefs from highly-distinguished establishments and Meilleurs Ouvriers de France, the Organic Cookery Workshop will be the laboratory for authentic and healthy cuisine. Located at the heart of the “Organic & Tasty” sector and opening onto the exhibition aisles, visitors to Natexpo will be approached and invited to taste the preparations made from the innovative products of exhibitors
Product categories on show in this sector
- Drinks (water, alcohol, fruit juice, soft drinks)
- Butchery (meat, poultry, etc.)
- Bakery (pancakes, bread, cakes, pastries, etc.)
- Dairy (butter, cheese, milk, eggs, dairy food, etc.)
- Grocery goods (cereals, spices, oil, etc.)
- Seafood (shellfish, crustaceans, fish, etc.)
- Fresh goods (fruit, vegetables, etc.)
- Breakfast (biscuits, confectionery, coffee, tea, etc.)
- Frozen food (ice cream, etc.)
Also in this sector: